Support #GivingTuesday with a donation to GSA
As we approach the holiday season and #GivingTuesday, we hope that you will consider a donation to the Genetics Society of America (GSA). We rely upon your charitable contributions to promote a strong future for our field.
GSA is the voice for those conducting fundamental studies in genetics and those working with model organisms from Arabidopsis to zebrafish. The Society represents the collective interests of the entire genetics community—spanning model systems, topics of interest, and research approaches—and serves as your voice in advocacy, education, public outreach, and so much more. We are especially committed to fostering the next generation of scholars in our field by promoting the careers of students and postdocs.
Donate to GSA
You can help GSA support activities that span the breadth of the genetics community by donating to several funds:
- GSA General Fund – Supports a variety of education, advocacy, and outreach programs, such as educational programming at GSA conferences, GeneticsCareers.org jobs board, and our expanding advocacy and communications activities;
- GSA DeLill Nasser Fund for Career Development – Supports DeLill Nasser Awards for graduate students and postdoctoral trainees to attend any national and international meeting or enroll in laboratory courses; and
- GSA Undergraduate Travel Awards Fund – Supports the participation of undergraduate members of the Society to present their research at GSA conferences.
In addition, the Society maintains dedicated resources to support award programs specific to individual model organism communities:
- Victoria Finnerty Memorial Fund for Undergraduate Travel Awards – Supports Victoria Finnerty Award, which provides funding for undergraduates to present their research at the Annual Drosophila Research Conference; and
- Chi-Bin Chien Fund – Supports the Chi-Bin Chien Award, given to an outstanding graduate student, postdoctoral trainee, or recently appointed faculty member who has made significant contributions to the field of zebrafish research.
GSA is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, and your contribution is tax deductible to the extent allowed by law. No goods or service are provided in exchange for your financial donation.
Gift & Group Memberships
Finally, if you’ll be doing holiday shopping on Amazon.com, please support GSA through AmazonSmile. You’ll see the same prices and selection as always, but GSA will receive a small percentage of eligible purchases as a bonus.
We thank you in advance for partnering with GSA in support of these valuable activities.