Professor (since 2017)
Xi’an Jiaotong University
Briefly describe the ongoing and expected research projects as your lab gets up and running.
- The genetic networks regulating heart contraction
- miRNAs and miRNA regulators in skeletal muscle development and function
- Mitochondria and muscle aging
How has being a member of GSA helped you advance in your career? Why do you think societies like GSA are important?
GSA offers the opportunities for me to communicate/interact with other researchers and improve my academic network, help me to establish collaboration and research partnerships with colleagues.
If your position involves teaching, which subjects or courses are you expecting to teach?
Previous training experiences:
– B.S, Biology, Nanjing University
– M.S, Biology, Nanjing University
– Ph.D, Biochemistry and Drosophila Genetics, Iowa State University
– Postdoc, mouse genetics, Harvard Medical School/ Boston Children’s Hospital