Celebrate National Postdoc Appreciation Week
GSA encourages the members of our community to join with their colleagues around the country to celebrate National Postdoc Appreciation Week (NPAW). This sixth annual event, sponsored by the National Postdoctoral Association (NPA), recognizes the significant contributions that postdoctoral scholars make to research and discovery. In 2010, NPAW was officially recognized by the U.S. House of Representatives.
Institutions across the country and around the world are encouraged to celebrate by hosting special events, from picnics and coffee houses to workshops and professional development events. See the NPA website for a growing list of events planned for this year. And if you’d like to organize your own event, NPA has even provided a toolkit to make it easy.
GSA celebrates postdocs throughout the year, including the following programs and opportunities:
- Joint membership in GSA and NPA—which offers a 20% discount off of both rates
- DeLill Nasser Award for Professional Development in Genetics—which provides support for attending meetings and courses
- Leadership opportunities for postdocs (and graduate students) to serve on GSA committees and as a trainee representative to the GSA Board
- GeneticsCareers.org—a free jobs board provided by GSA and ASHG
- A variety of career resources at our meetings and elsewhere